Friday, January 28, 2011

The Crib's Debut

So last week when my crib was supposed to arrive, the delivery guys unwrapped their blanket and there were only 3 panels to my crib. I refused delivery and after talking to customer service, I got a brand new crib sent and a $70 gift certificate.


So this Thursday, my crib finally arrived with all its panels. The delivery guys put it together and I'm pretty happy. It's very sturdy when you shake it and doesn't wriggle.


I had also ordered from Costco online (love Costco!) an organic baby mattress and it arrived on my doorstep just a few hours before. What timing! It fits nice and snug inside the crib, which is what I was measuring for, so no little Oetbaby arms or legs will get wedged down in between.



Next, me and Judgie hung some iron drapery rods that I scored at 50% off.



With that installed, I'm going to measure and start sewing natural linen drapes. I'm interested in hand-blocking the leading edges with an exotic design. I've been looking online at ordering an antique woodblock.


No comments:

Post a Comment