Friday, July 8, 2011

Blake Alexander


I have one moment to post a couple of pics taken at the hospital--we forgot to bring the nice camera so this was Day 2 or 3---it's all a blur.

Blake Alexander was born at 8:37 pm on the 4th of July. He was exactly 8 lbs and 21 inches long. I could not have asked for a better delivery---we really saw God's hand in all of the details. Brad put in my IV and epidural, which was fantastic, and I really did not have any pain at all during the whole delivery. (I told him the worse part of the whole thing was when they ripped the tape off of my back that he plastered all over.) Blake came out sunny-side up, which causes more pain and back labor, and usually increases laboring time, but I still didn't feel anything.
Brad also got to cut the cord. We banked Blake's cord blood and stem cell tissue---pretty cool to be able to do that.



Brad brought me the beautiful flowers in the background with a beautiful note attached. He was amazingly participant in all of my care and is making a wonderful father---I feel really blessed to be able to share this experience with someone like him.


The day we checked out of the hospital Brad gifted me this little lion for Blake's nursery. The big mane of hair reminded both of us of Blake's amazing head of hair---sorry I don't have pics without his hat on.

Anyway, we are loving our little boy.

2 comments:

  1. It's so exiting to have another cousin. He's really cute too. It was a clever idea to start his name with a "B". I love all three of you.:-D

    Madison<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blake is beautiful, what a blessing he is for you and Brad. It is nice to have another grandson! Love all of you too, Oma

    ReplyDelete