Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Oetbaby's Gallery Wall

The baby room is FINALLY starting to pull together and now it's getting fun!! I got my plaques stained, then I enlisted Oetboy for the hanging of the trophy heads.

Oetboy just looooves home projects (sarcasm!) and going to Lowe's (Lowe's is one of my favorite places---I could hang out there and JoAnn's all day, seriously). Then it took us (him) 3 hours to measure (and remeasure and remeasure) where the heads should go on the wall, how it should be executed, and what looked best.

We did a gallery over the crib --and yes, these suckers are drilled into studs and we used hardware that was overkill for the weight of these heads. After all of our work, Oetboy informed me that they were never coming down.



Then I realized that I needed something in the middle of those heads. I had some gold frames that I picked up from the antique store, but the gold was too much. So yesterday I spent the day priming and painting them with some leftover sample pots of paint from another project. And then this morning I clipped out the pictures wires and changed out the hardware for a cleaner look, and I hung up my "gallery wall."



Stinkin' cute?? You can click on the pics to make them larger...


The antique binoculars came from my mom, and are really for the opera. One of them came with its original leather case, and has "Paris" stamped on it. But I think they look pretty cool as safari binocs. Little did my mom know two years ago that they would be going in Oetbaby's room!



And she gave me the pith (safari) helmet at the same time. It belonged to my childhood neighbor where my parents currently live.



I love how the dark wood tones show up on the greige walls---that's why I love this paint color! Some old, worn leather thrown in there would look warm and masculine too.

You can see that I got one bumper made in the crib--still working on tufting the other 3 sides. Unfortunately, there is a disappointing story associated with those bumpers, but I'll share that on another day.

1 comment:

  1. Brandy, the baby's room is fabulous! The Pith
    hat and binoculars inside the picture frames are a great touch. Thank you for sharing the photos Brandy. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete