Sunday, May 22, 2011

Zebra and Titus

This week I tried my hand at making pad thai noodles with tofu and tom kha soup (thai coconut soup). The soup was restaurant-worthy; it tasted exactly like it should. This is about the third time I have tried making pad thai and I'm still not satisfied with the outcome. My tofu all came apart and I was just overall disappointed. Will keep looking for new pad thai recipes.



I finally got my drapes hemmed after they have hung for several weeks. I learned some tips from designer Jamie Drake and did not press the bottom hem. I hand-folded it and then hand-stitched it, which gives the bottom a bit more body. I also tried a new tidbit---I folded the pleats back perfectly and then tied the drapes together, giving the drapes "memory" in how they should fold back. I'll leave them like this for a week or so.



We had a few nice 70-degree days and I took advantage to get my painting done (it's awfully muggy and in the 90's now).




Titus loves me outside with him but he's a handful. When I wasn't looking, he bit into my tubes of oil paint and got the paint all inside his beak. I tried to wipe it out as best I could, but was worried that he had ingested some. Now when I try to squeeze out my oils, I have strands of thick paint piping out all over from the tube.




1 comment:

  1. The zebra looks very nice Brandy. You did a nice job painting it. I hope Titus is okay, naughty boy! Mom

    ReplyDelete