Sunday, April 17, 2011

Car Seat, Strawberry Pie, and Drapes

Babies R Us was having their biggest sale on car seats of the year and they were cheaper than Amazon, so I was one of the first ones through their door Friday morning to snag Oetbaby's new ride. He'll be cruising around in Chicco (Kee-ko), Italian race car technology:



I also was up until almost midnight baking a couple of strawberry pies. We kept one and I dropped one off at the neighbor's across the street, since they have cooked us Indian food a few times and I would like to continue this yummy exchange. Susan, the wife, had never had strawberry pie before. Her husband cut her a piece and showed her how to eat it with the whipped cream I brought over in a jar.



Mmmm! Fresh whipped cream!!


I also got my drapery panels sewn up except for the bottom hem. I need to hang them for a few days to let them stretch out first before I tailor them. I got the reluctant Oetboy to climb the ladder for me and hang them---what a chore! He crabbed the whole time and poked himself on the pleaters while trying to connect them to the rod rings.

I made the panels 2.5 times the window width for extra fullness, but they are so heavy that my rod is not going to be able to handle them. So we just got one up for now and I will need to buy another replacement rod. Oetboy is excited to hang them all over again for me.



But in the meantime, I like walking by that room to admire the drapes. They turned out really pretty and I love the fabric. These iphone pics do not do them justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment