Friday, April 1, 2011

Giraffe, Mirror, and Titus' Cage

After 8.5 years living in the same dig, Titus (in all his feathered glory) got a new cage. His old one was rusting out and all of the wheels and door latches were broken. This time, we sprung for a new aluminum one that we bought on Ebay, and I love how easy it is to push around and clean. His old cage is now his "vacation home" and is stationed outside on the patio.




I also bought a pretty mirror to go over the changing table and reflect some light from the windows. It makes the room seem so much bigger!!



And I started on my papier mache giraffe. It went super quick. This time I started with it built on its plaque. I probably have about 2 days' worth of work in it---much, much quicker than the rhino.





Here he is blotchy and still wet with the "glue" mixture.



And in this last photo, he is all dried. I cut strips into his mane and eyelashes.



So two down and one more to go--the zebra. Then I need to paint all three of them. Then on to picking out fabric for drapes that I still need to sew. Having a hard time finding samples that work with the wall color---but I haven't exhausted all of my resources yet, so I'm staying optimistic. :)

1 comment:

  1. Titus' new casa is beautiful. He must be excited... Little Oetbabies mirror is nice too.
    The animals are coming along fine. I look forward to seeing the material for the drapes.

    ReplyDelete