I bought a heftier curtain rod that I found at Pottery Barn, installed it, and hung my drapes.
Carmen's mom, who is an excellent sewer, mailed me a baby quilt and 3 burp bibs. She always has the neatest projects going--we email pics back and forth of our crafts.
Brad has been helping a lot more on the weekends with household chores. We went to the Plant Shed and loaded up on flowers and hauled them all home and planted them that afternoon. It was hot and I broke my little hand spade. I don't think I've ever seen Brad plant before. :)
Brad picked out marigolds to complement the stone on the front of the house. These will last us until the fall.
Our bouganvillas that were potted outside the garage died over our harsh winter. The last few winters we would bring them inside the garage, but it got too cold in the garage even. So we replaced them with something that didn't need to be taken in during the winter---Sky Pencils. They grow 8-10-ft tall and stay slender, so no more pruning them so they don't scrape our cars.
Some of our flowers in the backyard came back from last season. We bought some more to fill in the empty spots.
We got a weird change in weather, a cold front, and got some hail. I thought we would be in for some damage but it only last for a few minutes before turning to rain.
And today is Oetboy's birthday. I made him homemade fish tacos last night. They turned out sooo good!! I marinated the fish in lime juice for a few hours before breading them, then paired it with a honey-cumin cilantro slaw, made a chipotle mayo sauce, and crumbled some Mexican contijo cheese on them.
Happy Birthday, Oetboy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment